Honors Scholarship Program Eligibility:
This program is for the South County Area High School Honors Program.
The Scholarship Foundation of Santa Barbara’s Honors Scholarship Program is a competitive, rigorous competition for students who demonstrate a very high level of academic achievement. Financial need is not considered.
After applications are evaluated, a select number of applicants will be invited to interview at the Scholarship Foundation office. Selected applicants will be notified during December.
To be eligible, you must meet the requirements listed below, complete the online application, and submit required supplementary documents by the specified deadline.
- Applicant must have attended school in Santa Barbara South County* for at least four of the six years between grades 7 and 12
- Applicant must be a current high school senior or receiving a GED from a South County high school
- Applicant must be planning to attend school as a full-time student at a Title IV approved school
- Applicant must demonstrate high achievement (e.g., above a 4.2 weighted GPA and above-average SAT scores) and provide two letters of recommendation, one of which must be an academic letter of recommendation. Standardized test scores (SAT/ACT) and a high school transcript must also be provided
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or AB 540 eligible
*Southern Santa Barbara County includes Goleta, Santa Barbara, and Carpinteria