We are committed to granting equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, registered domestic partnership status, age (over 40), citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition including AIDS/HIV and genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance or regulation.
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE/CONTROLLER
The Director of Finance is responsible for managing the financial resources of the organization in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, and safeguards assets through the maintenance of proper controls. The Director of Finance supervises the Senior Accountant and Administrative Assistant for Accounting.
- All accounting information for the management of financial resources.
- Preparation of all standard financial statements (statement of financial position and activity), in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Compilation of all fiscal information for the audit and Form 990.
- Supervision of the daily recording of checks and bank deposits.
- Expedites all fiscal transactions in accordance with Board direction (transfer of funds, transfer of investments, opening and closing of accounts).
- Supervision of all check preparation, after appropriate approvals (i.e. general expenses, scholarships, and loans).
- Maintenance and reconciliation of all asset accounts, including bank and investment accounts.
- Preparation and maintenance of all payroll functions.
- Administration of employee benefits plans, including cafeteria plan and 403(b) and 457 plans.
- Preparation of annual budget in conjunction with CEO, management team, and Treasurer.
- Preparation of scholarship budget.
- Supervision of loan process, including check preparation, repayment, and reporting to the Santa Barbara Foundation
- Support to the CEO as required.
- Development of systems regarding internal controls, fiduciary responsibility, and job management.
- Upkeep of Accounting and Controller’s Manual.
- Prepare all reports for the Finance Committee as required (financial statements, cash flow, and portfolio).
- Attend meetings.
- Assist Treasurer with any fiscal issues and prepare any reports, analysis required.
- Ensure compliance with fiduciary responsibilities.
- Ensure compliance with Foundation guidelines.
- Prepare monthly portfolio reports.
- Attend meetings.
- Document and carry out all instructions.
- Assist Investment Committee Chair with any investment reports, analysis required.
- Ensure compliance with all Foundation investment guidelines.
- Assist with Foundation events as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Skills should include organizational development, personnel management, and planning work involving high levels of collaboration.
- Proficient in use of office technology. Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and accounting software (M-I-P or Financial Edge preferred).
- Ability to exercise sound judgment regarding access to sensitive information.
- Supervisory knowledge and experience.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience. CPA preferred.
- Able to lift and carry 30 pounds.
Forward résumé and cover letter to [email protected]. No calls please.