We are committed to granting equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, registered domestic partnership status, age (over 40), citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition including AIDS/HIV and genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance or regulation.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
The Scholarship Foundation of Santa Barbara seeks a creative, energetic, and accomplished fundraising professional to serve as Director of Development. The incumbent will oversee all aspects of the organization’s fundraising operation, including annual, endowed, planned, and capital giving. The successful candidate will have significant experience managing events and personnel, and will be expected to interact with a broad array of Foundation constituencies, including donors, Board members, education officials, and community leaders, with poise, polish, and sophistication. Outstanding time management, project management, and interpersonal skills required. Demonstrated success in donor cultivation and stewardship is essential. Must have exceptional writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Expands donor pool on all levels
- Collaborates with the CEO and Board of Directors in cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding new donors and managing existing donor relationships, including planned gifts
- Develops personal knowledge and understanding of donors
- Identifies and pursues sources of funding from corporations, individuals, foundations, clubs, and organizations
- In collaboration with the CEO, encourages, motivates, and supports the Board in its cultivation of donors
- Builds and maintains a strong working relationship with the Board Development Committee and other volunteer committees
- Manages a staff of 2-3, plus an outside grant writer
- Coordinates and organizes a full slate of fundraising events
- Gives public presentations
- Oversees donor communication efforts, including direct mailing, the dissemination of collateral, etc.
- Maintains membership in professional organizations for nonprofits and in business community organizations to expand donor pool
- Attends nonprofit education seminars to stay current on development-related activities and best practices nationwide
- Minimum 10 years of increasingly responsible experience
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and be able to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Proficient in use of office technology, including detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and fundraising software
- Ability to exercise sound judgment regarding sensitive information
- Minimum five years’ experience supervising professional staff
- Ability to prepare budgets, plans, and reports
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; master’s degree and/or CFRE preferred
- Able to lift and carry 30 lbs.
FOR CONSIDERATION, PLEASE SUBMIT:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
No telephone calls please. This is a full-time exempt position. Evening and weekend work required. Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal background check required.
The Scholarship Foundation of Santa Barbara seeks a customer service-oriented person with a warm and professional demeanor to serve as Administrative Assistant/Receptionist. This is a full-time position. Working hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. The successful applicant will have a great work ethic, a mature attitude, and excellent organizational and communication skills. This position provides administrative support as well as front-line reception duties. Responsibilities include responding to mail, phone, email, and walk-in inquiries; processing student materials and assisting programs staff; and helping with Foundation events and meetings. Requires working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook. A bachelor’s degree and 1 to 2 years’ experience required, preferably within a nonprofit organization. Bilingual candidates preferred. Great professional opportunity for recent college grads. Competitive salary, good benefits. Submit resume with cover letter and salary history to [email protected]. No calls please.