General Scholarship Program Applicant Eligibility Requirements
- Have attended school in Santa Barbara County for at least four of the six years between grades 7-12
- Graduate or receive a G.E.D. from a Santa Barbara County High School* by June of the current academic year
- Be planning to attend full time at a Title IV-approved** school in the next academic year
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or AB 540 eligible
- Current or previous wards of the Santa Barbara County Court (youth in foster care after the age of 13) residing outside of the county are eligible to apply for our General Scholarship Program.
DEADLINE TO COMPLETE APPLICATION FOR GENERAL SCHOLARSHIP:
January 15, 2017
- All applicants must be planning to attend full-time at a Title IV-approved college, university, vocational school, graduate school, or medical school in the 2017-2018 academic year.
- All applicants and recipients must remain in good academic standing and make timely progress towards a degree or vocational certificate.
- Primary criteria for scholarship selection are financial need, motivation, and potential.
- Financial need is verified by providing a copy of the 2017-2018 Student Aid Report (SAR), generated by the FAFSA or California Dream Act Application.
- The Foundation assists students studying in standard academic programs on a traditional academic calendar.
- The Foundation does not offer student aid for summer sessions, research, special projects, part-time study, distance learning, or executive MBA-type programs. Online courses will be accepted as long as they are taken from an approved institution and do not exceed more than half of the required minimum full-time units.
*Homeschooled applicants must have a homeschool affidavit on file with the Santa Barbara County Office of Education. Please submit a copy of the affidavit for each high school academic year (grades 9-12) to the Scholarship Foundation by January 15th. Families of homeschooled and boarding students must have resided in Santa Barbara County for at least four of the six years between grades 7 and 12.
** Title IV approval refers to the U.S. Department of Education’s guidelines on which institutions are eligible to receive financial aid, including international campuses. Visit https://fafsa.ed.gov/FAFSA/app/schoolSearch to search for your institution
|Residency||Santa Barbara County||South County||South County||Varied||Varied|
|Academic Level||High school senior or above||High school senior||High school senior||High school senior or above||High school senior or above|
|Enrollment Status||Full time||Full time||Full time||Part time considered||Full time|
|Application Deadline||January 15||November 15||November 15||January 15||January 15|