General Scholarship Program Applicant Eligibility Requirements
- Have attended school in Santa Barbara County for at least four of the six years between grades 7 and 12
- Graduate or receive a G.E.D. from a Santa Barbara County High School* by June of the current academic year
- Be planning to attend a Title IV-approved** school full time in the next academic year
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or AB 540 eligible
- Current or previous wards of the Santa Barbara County Court (youth in foster care after the age of 13) residing outside of the county are eligible to apply to our General Scholarship Program.
DEADLINE TO COMPLETE THE GENERAL PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION: January 15
- Applicants must be planning to attend a Title IV-approved postsecondary institution full time.
- Recipients must remain in good academic standing and make timely progress towards a degree or vocational certificate.
- Primary criteria for scholarship selection are financial need, motivation, and academic potential.
- Financial need is verified by the Student Aid Report (SAR), which is generated after completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application.
- The Foundation does not offer student aid for summer sessions, research, special projects, or part-time study. Online courses will be accepted as long as they are attempted at a Title IV-approved institution.
*Homeschooled applicants must have a homeschool affidavit on file with the Santa Barbara County Office of Education. Please submit a copy of the affidavit for each high school academic year (grades 9-12) to the Scholarship Foundation by January 15th.
Families of homeschooled and boarding students must have resided in Santa Barbara County for at least four of the six years between grades 7 and 12.
** Title IV refers to U.S. Department of Education guidelines governing the eligibility of institutions to participate in federal aid programs, including grants, loans, and work-study. Some international institutions are Title IV approved. Visit https://fafsa.ed.gov/FAFSA/app/schoolSearch to search for your institution
|Residency||Santa Barbara County||South County||South County||Varied|
|Academic Level||High school senior or above||High school senior||High school senior||High school senior or above|
|Enrollment Status||Full time||Full time||Full time||Part time considered|
|Application Deadline||January 15||November 15||November 15||January 15|