Please note: if you are being charged a fee to submit your FAFSA, it is not a legitimate website. Please make sure you are on https://fafsa.ed.gov/ site.
Opens: October 1st • CA Priority Deadline: March 2nd
HOW TO APPLY:
- U.S. Citizens & Permanent Residents:
Submit your FAFSA online. The application process opens on October 1st, and the priority deadline is March 2nd. By completing the FAFSA, you will be applying for federal, state, and many institutional aid programs, including:
- AB 540 Eligible Students:
Do not complete the FAFSA; AB 540 students are not eligible for federal financial aid. Instead, submit your California Dream Act Application online.
Information needed to complete the FAFSA:
- Student Social Security Number and most recent tax return and/or W2 from two years’ prior to the academic school year you’re applying for.
- Parents Social Security Number (if applicable) and most recent tax returns and/or W2 from two years’ prior to the academic school year you’re applying for.
- Asset information.
- Parents’ birthdays and date they were married/separated/divorced/widowed.
- Student and parent Federal Student Aid ID.