The 2017 Awards
Date: Thursday, May 11, 2017
Time: 5:00 pm
Location: Fess Parker’s DoubleTree Resort, Plaza del Sol
This year marks the 23rd annual South Coast Business & Technology Awards. Initiated in 1995 by local business and industry executives, the awards honor individuals and companies who have demonstrated extraordinary commitment to ensuring the economic vitality of Santa Barbara County’s south coast.
The 2017 Honorees are:
- Santa Barbara International Film Festival: Excellence in Service
- Adam Firestone/David Walker, Firestone Walker Brewing Co.: Entrepreneur of the Year
- AppFolio: Company of the Year
- James Takayesu, Tecolote Research: Executive of the Year
- John Petote: Pioneer Award
The 2016 honorees were:
- Old Spanish Days in Santa Barbara–Excellence in Service
- Sandra Hirsh, Isolite Systems–Entrepreneur of the Year
- Lynda.com a LinkedIn Company–Company of the Year
- Gordon Morrell, Yardi–Executive of the Year
- George Powell, Skate One–Pioneer Award
Find out more about each of our honorees by clicking the video links above, or click here for biographies.
Each year, more than 80 corporate sponsors participate in the county’s premier networking event that draws nearly 700 people to the Fess Parker DoubleTree Resort and gives them the opportunity to celebrate the best in our local economy.
Since 2001, the proceeds from the South Coast Business & Technology Awards have benefited the Scholarship Foundation of Santa Barbara. The funds are granted to local students studying business and technology at Santa Barbara City College, UC Santa Barbara, Westmont College, CSU Channel Islands, Allan Hancock College, and Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. To date, $1.8 million has been granted to 811 students.
Sponsorships are now available. For more information, contact Raissa Smorol, Director of Development.